Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 16 February 2015

2015 Auspicious Sheep German Cookies 喜气洋洋绵羊德国酥饼




If you like 'melt in mouth' cookies, you will definitely like this! Mild in flavor and not so sweet, it's solid when you hold on your hand, it'll melt when you put into your mouth. That's how I describe these German Cookies. This is my first attempt making German Cookies and also my first attempt EATING it! Lol.... Don't be surprise, seriously I hardly eat plain cookies made with butter. I like cookies with lots of nuts, chips, raisin, cranberries or anything chewy. Just don't like the plain one. :) 





When I first started to shape the cookies, I made this.... look like COW? Lol... Thanks to my fellow followers who had contributed their precious opinion  ;) 


I can use this design for the next COW year Lol...


The second one was this....mini baa baa sheep...



Don't try this.... really, you will go mad if you continue to make this more than 10 times! Very time consuming! 
After baked....it looks like this.

The third and final...much easier than the 2nd one.



I swear I'll only make 1 tray of sheep cookies because I started quite late at night and by the time I finalized the sheep design, was already 10pm+. So, after I finished making the sheep cookies, I used the remaining pink and plain dough to make rainbow cookies, something much easier!

Click here for Rainbow Cookies method. These are effortless....compared to those sheeps Lol...


Ingredients:

250g Unsalted Butter (softened)
80g Icing Sugar
250g Potato Flour
160g Cake Flour
2 tsp Milk Powder

For decoration: Some red coloring / cocoa powder / Black Sesame Seeds



If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Method:

1. Cream butter and icing sugar.



2. Sift in flour and milk powder. 

3. Form a dough. Cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour. I prepared the dough in the morning and made the cookies at night. 



4. Remove from the fridge, let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. When it's pliable, take a small portion, divide to 2. Add food coloring and cocoa powder accordingly.

5. Shape as desired. If you want to make my sheep design, here are some pictures for your reference.

10g plain dough for the sheep body.

Use the chocolate dough to make the head, about 2g. I didn't weight one by one, just roughly shape the dough. Add the pink dough to make sheep's ears.


Add plain dough on top to make wooly head. Need not to be neat, sheep don't comb their wool! Lol...
Add black sesame seeds to make the eyes and finally, make a big SMILE. 

For the big SMILE, if you have tools, use your tool to make it. If you do not have one, you can cut a straw to make the 'U' shape. This is easy and eco! 

Then, place the head on the body. Done! 

6. Place the sheep on the lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven 120'C 45-50 minutes, with fan. 







7. Remove from oven, carefully transfer to a rack to cool. 








Happy Mehh Mehhh Year everyone!! 恭喜发财!新年快乐!喜气洋洋!
8. Keep in an air-tight container. 

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!

By readers, from those who have tried this recipe:

By Esley Chin

By Esley Chin






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...