Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Crispy Almond Bread 杏仁脆饼








There are so many varieties of biscuits and sweeties served during chinese new year. Almond Bread is one of it and it's the only biscuit I eat during chinese new year. At first, I thought I was eating biscotti, but after I google and checked, it's actually different. Almond Bread is similar to biscotti but the ingredients used were different. Almond Bread uses egg whites where as biscotti uses whole eggs. I have yet to try on biscotti's recipe. Perhaps will try on it one day.
Yes, I am a 'picky biscuit eater'. I don't like any of the butter cookies but I like this a lot because it's not oily, well basically no oil added in it and it's a guilt-free snack! Once I started eating 1, I can't stop munching and munching more.....It's very crunchy and packed with nutrients, almond nuts are nutritious. So I made this for my son to eat during snack time in kindergarten. I kept this in an air tight container, whenever I pack his snack box, I just add 3-4 pieces in it.  

Ingredients:

3 Egg Whites 蛋白 3粒

120g All Purpose Flour (sifted) 面粉 120克 (过筛)

90g Castor Sugar 糖 90克 

120g Whole Almonds 杏仁 120克







Preheat oven 180'C 预热烤箱 180度

If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 

如果您要分享此食谱/内容,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Method:

1. In a stand mixer, whisk egg whites in medium speed till foamy. Gradually add in sugar then whisk in high speed till stiff.
把蛋白打发,慢慢加入糖,打至硬性发泡。

2. Stir in sifted flour and almonds.
加入面粉和杏仁,搅拌均匀。

3. Pour mixture in a lightly greased dish. 
把面糊倒入模具里(蛋糕模要预先涂些油)。



4. Bake 180'C for 30 minutes till light brown.
烘烤30分钟。

5. Remove from oven, let it cool in the dish.
烘烤后取出待凉。



6. When it's completely cooled, remove from dish and sliced thinly. 
切成薄片。(看下图)







7. Place on a lined tray, bake 130'C for 35-40 minutes till crispy and crunchy. (Baking time depends on the thickness).
烤盘铺上油纸,把切好的杏仁饼片放在烤盘,不要重叠。放进预热烤箱,以130度烘烤35-40分钟或至香脆。
每个人切杏仁片的厚度有别,烘烤时间须自己拿捏。



8. Let it cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
待凉后放进密封罐。



9. The left over bread (before slicing), can wrap with aluminum foil and keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. 
如果不要一次烘烤,也可以把其余的用锡纸包好,收进冰箱冷藏。若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。
If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 


Enjoy!








Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Jacque Ho

By Jacque Ho



By Veronica Arrieta

By Lai Lai

By Li Li Low

By Monica Lau


By Chong Siew Ping


By Sui Wan Pearl Wang

By Yanting Chen

By Calyn Kuan

By Wee Kim Lee
By Phyllis Ang

By beautifuligg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...