Today is 8th day of Chinese New Year 正月初八 . There's no way I can buy fresh prawns. These prawns were bought before Chinese New Year. I cleaned it, dried and kept in the freezer. Well, I'm very picky when come to seafood especially prawns. Prawns that were kept frozen, I need to cook it with strong flavor to get rid of the fishy smells.
This method is perfect! Made up my new recipe again lol... Simple yet delicious.. My definition of 'simple' this time, refer to NO DEEP FRY as I hate deep frying food with hot oil.
My boy gives me 2 thumbs up for this...the prawns were drunken but you won't get drunk by eating this... :)
6 - 8 Large Prawns (deveined, cleaned & dried)
6-8 Small Onion (or more, peeled and sliced thinly)
About 1.5 - 2 tbsp Soy Sauce, add to taste
1 tbsp Shao Xing Wine
1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
About 1 tbsp Sugar
Some oil for cooking
Chopped Spring Onion for garnishing
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Mix all seasoning (except sugar) in a bowl, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a skillet, add small onion. Fry until fragrant.
3. Add in prawns. Pan fry both sides.
4. Pan fry until the prawns are almost cook through.
5. Add in seasoning.
6. When the gravy is thicken (less than a minute) sprinkle sugar and stir to coat.
7. Remove from heat, garnish with spring onion. Serve warm with steamed rice :) If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
|Eating this on Chinese New Year, so I named this 哈哈大笑酒香明虾|