Cottony Soft & Moist Banana Cake made without butter. It's light, moist, soft and fluffy. This is the recipe I have been using for years, can't go wrong with this. Love the aroma and texture, this recipe is definitely a keeper ;)
3 Eggs 鸡蛋 3粒
100g Castor Sugar 幼糖 100克
* 200g - 240g Banana (mashed) 香蕉 200-240克（压成泥）
* Less banana used - the cake will turn out lighter and more fluffy
* More banana used - the cake will turn out more fragrant, moist but a little denser in texture
|Use over ripe banana can enhance the aroma of this cake.|
150g Cake Flour 低粉 150克
1/2 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 半小匙
1/4 tsp Baking Soda 小苏打 1/4 小匙
100g Oil 油 100克
Some Walnuts for toppings (optional) 少许核桃（随意，不放也可以）
1. In a mixer, beat the eggs until foamy. Add in sugar gradually and continue to beat until ribbon stage. Gradually beat in mashed banana.
|This is how it looks like after added in the mashed bananas.|
2. Sift in (B) in 3 batches. Use a spatula to mix well.
3. Stir in (C) and mix well. Scrape the bottom to make sure the mixture are well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a baking tin. Gentle tap the baking tin on the worktop 2-3 times. Place the walnuts on top, if using.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 160'C for 45 minutes
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
(Note to myself: First 40 minutes - Baking Mode, Last 5 minutes - Traditional Mode)
|My son's school snack on the next morning is settled! :)|
Updated 6 March 2015,
Baked this again today in small paper cups, modified a little and it turned out so fluffy and flavorful. Click here for the Soft & Moist Banana cupcakes recipe, with mild coconut flavor...Yum!
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Shimah Aziz|
|By Jessica Liew|
|By Miki Ng|