Cottony Soft & Moist Banana Cake made without butter. It's light, moist, soft and fluffy. This is the recipe I have been using for years, can't go wrong with this. Love the aroma and texture, this recipe is definitely a keeper ;)
3 Eggs 鸡蛋 3粒
100g Castor Sugar 幼糖 100克
* 200g - 240g Banana (mashed) 香蕉 200-240克（压成泥）
* Less banana used - the cake will turn out lighter and more fluffy
* More banana used - the cake will turn out more fragrant, moist but a little denser in texture
|Use over ripe banana can enhance the aroma of this cake.|
150g Cake Flour 低粉 150克
1/2 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 半小匙
1/4 tsp Baking Soda 小苏打 1/4 小匙
100g Oil 油 100克
Some Walnuts for toppings (optional) 少许核桃（随意，不放也可以）
1. In a mixer, beat the eggs until foamy. Add in sugar gradually and continue to beat until ribbon stage. Gradually beat in mashed banana.
|This is how it looks like after added in the mashed bananas.|
2. Sift in (B) in 3 batches. Use a spatula to mix well.
3. Stir in (C) and mix well. Scrape the bottom to make sure the mixture are well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a baking tin. Gentle tap the baking tin on the worktop 2-3 times. Place the walnuts on top, if using.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 160'C for 45 minutes
(Note to myself: First 40 minutes - Baking Mode, Last 5 minutes - Traditional Mode)
|My son's school snack on the next morning is settled! :)|
Updated 6 March 2015,
Baked this again today in small paper cups, modified a little and it turned out so fluffy and flavorful. Click here for the Soft & Moist Banana cupcakes recipe, with mild coconut flavor...Yum!
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Shimah Aziz|
|By Jessica Liew|
|By Miki Ng|
|By Connie Ng|
|By Loraine Loren|
|By Chong See Peng|
|By Choo Hoon Vivian Tan|
|By Dora Wee|
|By Lin Ai Ting|
|By Jeannie Lee|