I learnt this from my mom. Of course, mine is the simplified version. :) My chicken rice served with Steamed Chicken, the simplest method.
For steamed chicken recipe, click here.
Ingredients for the fragrant rice:
1 Kampong Chicken Bones
|Just bones, nothing else :)|
Pandan Leaves (optional)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Rinse chicken bones with hot water. Transfer to a pot, add lemongrass and hot boiling water. Cook for 40 minutes. Discard bones, reserve the soup.
2. Heat oil in a skillet, fry garlic, ginger and small onion.
3. Cook until the garlic turn light brown. Add in chicken soup and salt.
4. Transfer chicken soup mixture to a steaming container or rice cooker. Add pandan leaves if using.
5. Steam in a hot steamer for 40 minutes or cook in a rice cooker.