Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Flowery Sweet Potato Yoghurt Bread



8 Sept 2014

Today is Mid Autumn Festival but I'm not making moon cakes because no one in my house eat moon cakes except ME. 

After I made the Lazy Doggie Sweet Potato Loaf I have 1 more organic sweet potato sitting in my fridge. So I used it to make the yoghurt bread with sweet potato filling today. 


My boy didn't like sweet potato, so I knew I cannot do it the usual way to fill the sweet potato filling inside the bun. I made it with the cinnamon rolls method. Rolled out the dough, spread the sweet potato filling and rolled up. Made his favorite flowery pattern. He likes this bread a lot and he said he likes sweet potato with bread. Yay! Successful! 


And, I personally like this bread, very fluffy and soft. Next, I'll try this with purple sweet potato, if I can find one :)




Ingredients:

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!



(A)
280g Bread Flour
35g Sugar
1tsp Instant Yeast
2g Salt 

(B)
55g Plain Yoghurt
25g Honey
38g Egg (lightly beaten, some extra for egg wash)
125ml Milk

28g Butter 

(C) Sweet Potato Filling:
130g Sweet Potato (mashed and sieved)
20g Castor Sugar
9g Butter

Sesame seeds (optional)

Method:
1. In a mixer bowl, mix (A) ingredients. Make a well, add in (B) except butter. 
2. Mix all ingredients. When all ingredients come together, knead in butter. Continue kneading until the dough passes the membrane test.


The dough is 'elastic' at this stage
3. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof doubled in size. About an hour.
4. Mean while, make the sweet potato filling. Mix all (C) ingredients while the mashed sweet potato still warm. Cover with cling wrap and set aside. Do not keep in the fridge.



5. Deflate and divide dough to make 5 balls, about 100g each. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Shape as desired. Sprinkle some water and let it proof about 1 hour. Egg wash and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.




When my boy saw this, he said they looks like sweet potato Man Tou. :)

5. Bake in a preheated oven 170'C for 15 minutes. 

This bread is so soft and fluffy, my hubby ate it (one spiral bun) with just one bite! 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...