I wanted to make this snail bun for quite some times already...Yeah...just because my boy likes it. That's always the same reason.... He likes to watch the baby tv Mr. Snail show.Whenever I say 'Hey Snaily', he giggled.
This is just an ordinary soft potato bread recipe with custard topping but I do not like it to look boring... The very boring 9pcs bun with custard crossed on top. If I made that, he may not like it much.
I like to make something that he can't get it else where....a good piece of memory next time when he grew up. The very unique and special bread that mommy made for him. :)
He ate 3 today...and I'm glad that he likes it a lot. After dinner, I let him 'decorate' the bun with the leftover chocolate that I used in the afternoon. Here's how's the snaily looks like after my boy 'decorated' it...hahaha..he just wanted to squeeze all the chocolate out...he likes chocolate!
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
250g Bread Flour
50g Mashed Potato
50g Brown Sugar
70g Fresh Milk
50g Whipping Cream
1/4 tsp Salt
盐 1/4 小匙
1 tsp Instant Yeast
即溶酵母 1 小匙（满）
30g Unsalted Butter
Custard Topping 卡斯塔材料:
1 Egg Yolk
蛋黄 1 个
65g Fresh Milk
10g Brown Sugar
15g Bread Flour
Custard Topping 卡斯塔做法:
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Strain and cook with low heat in a saucepan. Keep stirring and when the mixture is thicken, remove from heat.
2. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Transfer to a piping bag and make topping as desired.
1. Mix all ingredients except butter.
2. When all ingredients come together, knead in butter. Continue kneading until the dough passes the membrane test.
|The dough is 'elastic' at this stage|
4. Deflate and divide dough to make 9 balls, about 60g each. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Shape as desired. Proof double in size. About 45 minutes. Egg wash and add custard topping.
5. Cook in Tefal Actifry until brown or bake in a preheated oven 170'C for 15 minutes.
If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
Updated 30 September 2015
Baked this again with the most ordinary shape! sigh.... I swear I will not shape it like this anymore!