Happy 53rd Birthday Singapore!
Made these Merlion buns inspired by the unique Singapore merchandise ~ Merlion Chou Chou aka "smelly pillow". The flavour is a combination that I have been loving since my childhood day, Chicken Potato Curry Bun. This curry filling is so fragrant, non-spicy and thus kid-friendly.
|Curry Potato Buns 咖喱马铃薯面包|
Photo updated: April 2019
Prepare fillings: Click here for << Easy Chicken Potato Dry Curry Recipe 鸡肉马铃薯咖喱馅食谱 >> 点击进入
Bread Recipe adapted from here.
250g Bread Flour 高筋面粉 250克
25g Cake Flour 低筋面粉 25克
1 1/2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast 即溶酵母 1 1/2 小匙
15g Milk Powder 奶粉 15克
50g Sugar 细砂糖 50克
1/2 tsp Salt 盐 1/2 小匙
100g Water 水 100克
80g Milk 牛奶 80克
45g Unsalted Butter (softened) 牛油 45克，软化
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix (A). Add in (B).
将 （A）拌均，加入 （B）。
2. When all ingredients come together, gradually knead in butter. Continue kneading until the dough passes the windowpane test.
If you're not sure what is windowpane test, watch the video below:
3. Transfer the dough onto a greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it proof doubled in size. About an hour.
4. Deflate and divide dough, roll into balls. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Add fillings and shape as desired. Transfer onto a baking tray. Refer to the pictures below.
6. Cover with cling wrap and proof double in size. About an hour.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 180'C for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let the bread cool on the rack.
放进已预热的烤箱，以180度，烘烤15分钟。烘烤后，取出面包，放在架子上。待凉后，即可享用。若喜欢我的食谱，可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页，或追随 Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood ，不要错过最新食谱发布。
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!