I always keep a bottle of teriyaki sauce in my fridge. It taste good and can be added in any dishes like fish, chicken, pork or even stir fry vegetables and mushrooms. And, this is one of it....Chicken Teriyaki.
I normally cook this in air fryer but when I'm lazy to wash the fryer, I just pan-fry in a skillet.
|Air Fried Teriyaki Chicken Wings, served with long bean omelette, stir-fry veggies and pumpkin rice.|
Photo updated: August 2019
1 Boneless Chicken Leg
Some oil for cooking
*Teriyaki Sauce (store-bought or homemade)
*Updated 14 January 2016
It's been a long time I never buy Teriyaki sauce from the store. I made my own using just 4 simple ingredients. It's tastier compared to the store bought one!
Here's the recipe for 1 chicken leg.
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Japanese Soy Sauce
1/2 tbsp Mirin
1/2 tbsp Sake
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Corn Starch
Some Honey (optional for glazing)
|Mix all sauce ingredients and boneless chicken leg in a bowl. |
Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
If marinate less than 2 hours, use a fork, prick the meat before add in seasoning.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Add seasoning to the chicken. Marinate at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Lightly grease the fryer's pan. Place the chicken (skin down) on the pan. Gently press to flatten.
3. Cook for 6 minutes. Baste the chicken with some teriyaki sauce then flip over.
4. Baste the other side of the chicken with some teriyaki sauce. Cook for another 6 minutes or until cook through. Brush some honey, if needed.
Cook in skillet/ frying pan:
5. Heat oil in a skillet, place the chicken (skin down) and cook until almost cook through.
6. Flip over and drizzle some teriyaki sauce. Cook until cook through. Serve immediately with steamed rice.