A nice crisp on the outside and tender in the middle of the waffles, I love this easy recipe that does not require separate eggs and not having to whip egg whites. By adding buttermilk in the waffles, the result is fantastic, taste is good to serve as savoury or sweet waffles.
This video shows the crispiness of the freshly made buttermilk waffles:
This video shows the crispiness of the reheated buttermilk waffles on day 3:
These waffles store well in the freezer, reheat in the toaster for a quick breakfast or afternoon snacks. Reheated waffles are as good as the freshly made one, still crisp and yummy!
Ingredients: yield 10 waffles
200g All Purpose Flour 中筋面粉 200克
2 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 2小匙
1 tsp Baking Soda 小苏打 1小匙
1 tsp Salt 盐 1小匙
50g Extra Fine Ground Almond 杏仁粉 50克
30g Castor Sugar 细砂糖 30克
113g Unsalted Butter, melted 牛油 113克， 溶化
2 Egg, 60g each 鸡蛋 2粒
400g Buttermilk 酪乳 400克
2 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精 2小匙
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Sift all dry ingredients, set aside. In a mixing bowl, add in egg, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract, mix well using a hand whisk.
2. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
3. Mix well using a hand whisk.
4. Grease the waffle iron, preheat the waffle iron. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto each iron pan.
松饼机涂少许油，预热。倒入1/3杯面糊 x 2
5. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes or until fully cooked and crisp. Serve right away or let it cooled completely on the rack, wrap in a zip lock bag and store in the freezer. Reheat in the toaster before serve.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!