I don't expect a 'WOW' from the audience who saw this picture. But I can expect a 'WOW' from the taster who tasted this baguette! The look is deceiving, the taste is seriously delicious! Crispy crust with a soft and slightly chewy bread inside. My boy and I finished one loaf right after I snap this picture. We ate it plain without anything else! Simply delicious ;)
Ingredients: Yield 4 medium baguette
500g Blue Jacket Baguette Flour
1 tsp Salt
100g Castor Sugar
1.5 tsp Instant Yeast
370g Water (adjust accordingly)
2 tsp Charcoal Powder
3 tbsp Oil
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. In a stand mixer, mix all dry ingredients except charcoal powder. (Kitchenaid speed 1)
2. Mix in water (Speed 1). Knead for 20 minutes (Speed 2). Stop the mixer, carefully add in charcoal powder, continue to knead for another 5 minutes. Gradually add in oil. Knead another 5 minutes until the dough is glossy and elastic.
3. Cover with cling wrap. Let it proof for 60 minutes or doubled in size.
4. Transfer to a floured work top. The dough is very sticky, make sure to use generous amount of flour to handle the dough.
5. Divide dough into 4 portions. Shape as desired. I didn't slit the dough, I made it twisted instead. Place on a lined baking tray. I don't have baguette tray, so I used aluminium foil to divide the baguette.
6. Cover with cling wrap. Let it proof for 30minutes.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 200'C for 20 minutes.
|Photo updated 27 November 2015|
Baked another batch of plain baguettes... Love this!