Baked Churro is a healthier version that you need not worry about the amount of oil hidden inside the churro. This recipe yield crispy churros - crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. And, the crispiness last for hours.
If you do not have an oven, you may try the deep fry version >> Get the Mini Churro Bites recipe here >>
|These were made in year 2015.... SG 50.|
Happy Birthday Singapore!
40g Unsalted Butter 无盐牛油 40克
1/2 cup Water 水 125克
1 tbsp Sugar 糖 1汤匙
Pinch of Salt 盐 少许
1 Egg (lightly beaten) 鸡蛋 1粒， 打撒
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精 半小匙
70g Flour 面粉 70克
Cinnamon Sugar Coating: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
1.5 tbsp Sugar 糖 1.5汤匙
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon 肉桂粉 1小匙
Cooking Spray 烹饪油喷雾
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. In a saucepan, heat up water, butter, sugar and salt, bring to boil. Turn off heat.
2. Stir in flour. Mix well with a spatula.
3. Add in egg in 2 batches. Stir in vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Form a sticky soft dough.
5. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a nozzle.
6. Pipe the dough on a lined baking tray, as shown in the picture below.
7. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Baked in a preheated oven 200'C for 22-25 minutes or till golden brown.
8. Coat with cinnamon sugar (optional: brush some melted butter before coating). Repeat for the rest. Serve right away.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Connie Then|
|By Neico Tan|
|By Sian Hong|
|Feedback from Maxi Hoo Swee Bing|
|By Maxi Hoo Swee Bing|
Recipe adapted from Ann of H2CThat. Thank you.