Photo updated 23 March 2017.
My childhood, I never had any fancy decorated cakes, just a simple pandan chiffon cake, that's mom made for me on my special day and that's precious! I love to eat the cake but I don't appreciate it much when I was younger, as a small girl, I always wished to have cakes with frosting. Of course, my dream never come true because mom said those cream are not good for us (not nutritious), which I agreed by now.
I don't have a chiffon pan, I baked chiffon cake in paper cake mould/ small paper cups or just normal baking tin. So is it a must to bake chiffon cake in chiffon pan? To me, not really.... ;)
4 Egg Yolk
35g Castor Sugar
50g Olive Oil
35g Pandan Juice (Blend the pandan leaves and extract the juice without adding water)
30g Coconut Milk (Freshly extract from coconut, without adding water)
1/8 tsp Salt
80g Cake Flour/ Top Flour
4 Egg White
(reduce if you like it less sweet)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. Whisk egg yolk and sugar until pale and with small bubbles appeared as shown in the picture.
2. Use a whisk- Stir in oil, mix well. Stir in pandan juice and coconut milk, mix well. Stir in salt, mix well. Sift in flour mix until there's no more lumps. Do not over mix. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg white until foamy. Add sugar gradually and whisk until stiff peak.
|Foamy, time to add in sugar gradually.|
4. Fold egg white into egg yolk batter (3 batches).
|6" baking tin + 1 small paper cake mould.|
If using one 6" baking tin, use 3 eggs recipe, adjust the ingredients accordingly.
5. Pour into chiffon tin/ paper cake mould. Gently tap few times onto the work top. Bake in a preheated oven 150'C for 40-50 minutes.
Tip: Place a cup of water in the oven if you like moist chiffon cake.
6. Remove from oven. Invert to cool on the rack.
Note to myself: Use 'Baking mode' for the first 30 minutes, change to 'Traditional mode' and bake another 5 minutes to brown the top.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!