|Rose Flavor, made with rose syrup|
|Apple Flavor, made with apple juice|
I browsed through the web and found some gummy bear recipes made with fruit juice. I tried one of the recipe, made with apple juice. It turned out springy but it's a little hard. So I modified the recipe and made again with rose syrup. This time, it's soft and springy. The rose syrup flavor is awesome. The texture is NOT 100% like store bought gummy bear because it's less 'chewy'. It's more like a hard konyaku jelly that is more springy. I don't categorized this as healthy snack because of the gelatin used in this recipe. But, it's simple to make and I make it as a treat for my little boy.
The good thing is....I know exactly what I'm feeding him, without the long list of unknown ingredients labelled on the store bought gummy bears!
The recipe share in this blog is Rose Syrup flavor. You may substitute the liquid amount to fruit juice of your preference. Do add some sugar or honey to taste :)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
10g Gelatin Powder
75g Rose Syrup (can be reduced for less sweet gummy)
1. Add water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin powder and let it rest for 5 minutes.
2. Place the bowl in a bigger bowl/ pot of hot water. Stir until the gelation is fully dissolved.
3. Remove from the hot water. Let it cool a little and stir in rose syrup.
4. Pour into silicone mould. Cover and store in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or until it's set.
5. Remove from the mould and enjoy! Store the leftover gummy back in the fridge.