|These were baked on lower rack, turned out crispy on the edges and chewy inside. |
My little boy and me like this!
The only thing that I will make adjustment in this recipe is the sweetness of these cookies. I still find it too sweet for my little boy. Perhaps I should cut down the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and sugar. But for those with sweet tooth like my hubby, this sweetness is totally fine. This is definitely a MUST TRY recipe for cookies lovers!
Updated 13 January 2015. Note to myself:
Baked this again yesterday. I used 120g brown sugar instead of mixing with castor sugar, 65g of oats. Just added some chocolate chips, cranberries and hazelnuts. All crunchy this time :)
Updated 23 April 2015. Note to myself:
This time, I replaced the flour with organic wholemeal flour with just 120g brown sugar and 50g oats. 'Me want cookie' 'Me eat cookie' Om nom nom nom...
Note: If you like it crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle, bake until the edges are brown. If you like it crunchy, bake a little longer. ;)
Ingredients: (Yield 26 medium size cookies)
115g Unsalted Butter (Softened) 无盐牛油 115克，软化
100g Brown Sugar 黄糖 100克
45g Castor Sugar 细砂糖 45克
9g Egg Yolk 蛋黄 9克
1 Small Egg (lightly beaten, about 42g) 小的鸡蛋 1粒，重42克，打散
1 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精 1小匙
(C) Mix together. 混合
120g All Purpose Flour 面粉 120克
55g Oats 燕麦 55克
1/2 tsp Baking Powder 发粉／泡打粉 1/2 小匙
1/4 tsp Baking Soda 小苏打 1/4 小匙
1/4 tsp Salt 盐 1/4 小匙
|(C) mixture, set aside.|
(D) These are optional, just add whatever that you like! 可以随意加／减
50g Chocolate Chips 巧克力豆 50克
50g Peanut Butter Chips 花生酱豆 50克
|I use Reese's Peanut Butter Chips and semi sweet mini chocolate chips|
50g Hazelnut (raw, whole/ chopped) 榛子果仁 50克
10g Dried Currant
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Preheat oven 170'C.
2. In a mixer, beat together (A) until smooth.
3. Gradually add in (B).
4. Scrape and gradually mix in (C) mixture in low speed.
5. Mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowl, and mix briefly.
6. Stir in (D).
7. Scoop the dough with a table spoon, place onto the lined baking tray. Leave some space in between the cookies.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Remove cookies from the oven, leave the cookies on the hot pan for few minutes before transfer to the racks to cool. When it's completely cooled, store in airtight container. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By SheauWei Lim|
|By Grace Fong Tyng Fwu|
|Feedback from Icepyz Lee|
|By Icepyz Lee|