Another common dish that we used to eat while dining out. A simple dish that we got to pay S$8- S$12 for a plate of Ee Fu noodles. That's the price for an ordinary Ee Fu noodles with only stripes of meat, mushrooms and chives. Those with seafood, sometimes cost us about S$18-S$24 or more, depends on what 'seafood' they added in it. Homemade version is much cheaper of course and the preparation is simple. The best thing is....I can add anything that I like. :) My version this time was loaded with scallops, prawns and mushrooms! Yum!
Ingredients: (Yield 2 servings)
|Season prawn with a pinch of salt, pepper, shaoxing wine and sesame oil.|
3-4 Shiitake Mushroom
1 Packet Enoki Mushroom
1 Broccoli Stem
(grated, can be replaced with any vegetables)
2 slices Ginger
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Water
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Ee Fu Noodles
A dash of white pepper
1 stalk of Spring Onion
|Last to add in...|
1. Heat oil in a skillet. Add in garlic and ginger. Fry until fragrant.
2. Add in broccoli, cook until softened.
3. Add in scallops and prawns. Cook until the prawns about to cook through. (turning pink)
4. Add in mushrooms.
5. Cook until softened.
6. Add in seasoning. Bring to boil. Add in noodles.
7. Simmer until noodles is softened. about 1-2 minutes. Add some white pepper and spring onion.
8. Stir to combine.
9. Remove from heat. Serve warm.
Updated 2 March 2015
|I cooked many version of Ee Fu Noodles. Seafood, pork, chicken, vegetarian...etc. |
This is one of it... loaded with mushrooms. Yummy!