This is my 2nd attempt on Mint & Chocolate Chips Ice Cream. The first attempt was totally failed because I over-beat the cream. The ice cream then turned out a bit lumpy and I added too much condensed milk that made the ice cream super duper sweet. Yeah...super duper sweet, that's why my boy said it's good.
This time, I made it with my own recipe and method....the less sweet version and made with fresh mint. Most recipe that I found were made with mint essence, egg yolks and need to churn! I do not have an ice cream maker at home, so this no-churn version is best for me.
1 pkt Fresh Mint Leaves (30g pack, stems removed)
4 heap tbsp Condensed Milk (I made it less sweet, can be increased for sweeter and creamier ice cream)
250ml Thickened Cream
1. Place mint leaves and 2 heap tbsp of condensed milk in a food processor. Blend it.
2. Strain, stir in the remaining condensed milk and set aside.
|Next time, I will skip this step...with less mint leaves use. Updated on 5 Sept 2014: I made this today with 3 tbsp mint leaves added into the ice cream. It adds great flavor to the ice cream. Can be increased some more for extra minty flavor.|
3. Whip the thickened cream until whipped cream consistency.
4. Fold in whipped cream. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Pour in a freezer safe container and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.