I made this yesterday while I had sore throat when there were some very ripe mangoes sitting in fridge. Yes, whenever you have sore throat, do not eat mango as this is a 'warm fruit' that may worsen the sore throat.
I must transform the mangoes to something else before the mangoes rotten. Well, usually I'd just cut the mangoes and store in the freezer to make sorbet someday. But after I tasted the mangoes, I decided not to make sorbet because the mangoes were a little sour.
Then I dug my fridge and found some whipping cream that I bought to make bread fillings. Alright, it's experiment time again, I whipped up the cream and made this Mango & Cream ice cream. Taste really good but not as creamy as ice cream made of thicken cream and that's the way I like it. It's a little hard to scoop it up, so I think next attempt I will fill the cream in popsicle's mould. That would be perfect!
200ml Whipping Cream
2 Ripe Mangoes
6 tbsp Icing Sugar/ or condensed milk for creamier ice cream
1. Wash, peel and cut the mangoes into big chunks. Reserve 1/4 of a mango, diced and place in the freezer safe container.
2. In a food processor, add icing sugar and mangoes. Blend the mangoes until smooth. If using condensed milk, add condensed milk in the whipped cream.
3. Use a hand mixer, whip up the cream until soft peak form. Do not over-whip the cream.
4. Fold together the whipped cream and mango puree. (I like it with the 'swirl' pattern, so I didn't mix till well combined)
5. Cover and freeze overnight. To serve, remove from freezer and let it soften for 3-5 minutes before scoop out the ice cream.