BBQ Pork aka Char Siew 蜜汁叉烧 - A succulent and delicious char siew recipe that is easy for home cooks to make a scrumptious meal for the family. Cooking at home got to be easy and this recipe is kinda foolproof even for beginner home cooks. You can roast it in the oven, air fry or cook on stove top.
I usually cook this when I know I will have no time to prepare food on the next day. All preparation works can be done a day before. So the next day I just need to cook it - air fry, roast in an oven or cook on stove top. That's simple and that's what I like the best...
300g Pork Tenderloin/ Shoulder/ Butt/ Belly
2 tbsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao Cooking Wine
1 tbsp Sugar
2 Cloves Garlic (Mashed)
2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2 tbsp Ketchup
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
|Served with rice.|
|Served with noodles.|
1. Clean and dry pork with kitchen towel.
2. Add in (A). Transfer to a glass container. Covered. Keep in fridge and let marinate for 3 hours or more.
3. In a clean bowl, mix all (B) ingredients.
4. Transfer pork to the bowl. Cover with the seasoning. Use a fork, prick the pork all over.
5. Transfer back to the glass container. Cover with a lid. Keep in the refrigerator and let marinate overnight.
Air fry method:
1. Transfer the pork onto the air fryer pan. Reserve the marinates.
2. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip over. Spread the reserved marinates on the pork. Cook another 10 minutes.
3. Apply honey with a brush on both sides. Cook 3-5 minutes.
Click here for oven grilled method.
|Oven Grilled Honey Ribs (aka Char Siew Ribs)|
1. Heat some oil in a skillet/ pot, pan fry both sides of the marinated pork. Reserve the marinates.
2. Pour in the reserved marinates, add some hot water (just enough to cover the meat), bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the pork are tender.
|Stove top method. |
This time, I modified a little with added red fermented bean curd.
Photo updated: 5 April 2017
3. Add honey to taste and cook until the sauce thickens.
When the char siew is ready, let it rest for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with steamed rice or noodles. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!