BBQ Pork aka Char Siew 蜜汁叉烧 - A succulent and delicious char siew recipe that is easy for home cooks to make a scrumptious meal for the family. Cooking at home got to be easy and this recipe is kinda foolproof even for beginner home cooks. You can roast it in the oven, air fry or cook on stove top.
I usually cook this when I know I will have no time to prepare food on the next day. All preparation works can be done a day before. So the next day I just need to cook it - air fry, roast in an oven or cook on stove top. That's simple and that's what I like the best...
|Added some Char Siew Sauce, the colour looks more vibrant.|
Photo updated in May 2018.
|Chicken Char Siew in skewer made with chicken thigh meat, using this recipe.|
Photo updated: July 2019
300g Pork Tenderloin/ Shoulder/ Butt/ Belly 猪肉 300克，我个人比较喜欢用花腩肉
2 tbsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao Cooking Wine 绍兴花雕酒 2汤匙
1 tbsp Sugar 细砂糖 1汤匙
2 Cloves Garlic (Mashed) 蒜头 2瓣，磨碎
2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce (or 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce + 1 tbsp Char Siew Sauce) 海鲜酱 2汤匙（或1汤匙海鲜酱＋1汤匙叉烧酱）
|Made without Char Siew Sauce|
Photo taken in 2017.
2 tbsp Ketchup/ Tomato Sauce 番茄酱 2汤匙
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce 酱油 2汤匙
1/4 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder 五香粉 1/4小匙
Honey 蜜糖 少许
|Served with rice.|
Photo taken in 2014.
|Served with noodles. |
Photo taken in 2014.
1. Clean and dry pork with kitchen towel.
2. Add in (A). Transfer to a glass container. Covered. Keep in fridge and let marinate for 3 hours or more.
3. In a clean bowl, mix all (B) ingredients.
4. Transfer pork to the bowl. Cover with the seasoning. Use a fork, prick the pork all over.
5. Transfer back to the glass container. Cover with a lid. Keep in the refrigerator and let marinate overnight.
Cooking Method: 烹调方法
Air fry method: 气炸
1. Transfer the pork onto the air fryer pan. Reserve the marinates.
2. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip over. Spread the reserved marinates on the pork. Cook another 10 minutes.
3. Brush a thin layer of honey on both sides. Cook 3-5 minutes.
Click here for oven grilled method.
|Oven Grilled Honey Ribs (aka Char Siew Ribs)|
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Heat some oil in a skillet/ pot, pan fry both sides of the marinated pork. Reserve the marinates.
2. Pour in the reserved marinates, add some hot water (just enough to cover the meat), bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the pork are tender.
|Stove top method. |
This time, I modified a little with added red fermented bean curd.
Photo updated: 5 April 2017
3. Add honey to taste and cook until the sauce thickens.
|By Janet Lee|
|By Quinnie Fum|
|By Susan Huang|
|By Serena Chen|
|By Daphne Chua|