Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Homemade Salted Egg 自制咸蛋

The colour of the salted egg yolks as shown in this picture is the original colour of the yolks.  
I did not edit the colour of this picture ;)


I started my Salted Egg-periment on 14th October 2015 and ended on 21 December 2015. Don't worry, the actual brining days is about 20-30days only. Mine, took a little longer because.....


The first batch - one of the egg cracked on the 2nd day >.< 
So do check your eggs if there's any cracks, this step is crucial!



So I made another batch and wait again, but....



... the water turned mouldy. 
Probably it's before I did not boil the water.



These were the salted egg yolk from the mouldy batch. Looks good right? 


I discard everything...it's better be safe than sorry. 



This was the 3rd batch. This time, I boiled the salt water before brining.

(Picture 1 图一)






Thanks to Wahyuni for the tips. 3rd batch, it's a successful one! 


I'm glad that I can finalised my salted egg yolk recipe now and use it in my cooking. No need to worry about what it's made of . This was my first salted egg yolk dish...



Crispy Enoki Mushroom with Homemade Salted Egg 






Ingredients:

1 cup Sea Salt 盐 1 杯


3 cups Water 水 3 杯


1/2 Star Anise 八角 半粒


1/2 tbsp Shao Xing Wine 绍兴酒 半汤匙


4 Eggs (I used 4 chicken eggs for my egg-periment, the amount can be increased) 
鸡蛋/鸭蛋 4 粒 (可以加多几粒)



A glass container with lid. 玻璃瓶

Some egg holders/ small plates/ spoon. 小汤匙或其它餐具




If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!





Method:

1. In a saucepan, cook salt, star anise and water. Bring to boil, simmer till the salt dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cooled completely.

先把水,盐和八角煮滚。待盐溶解后熄火,待凉。

2. While waiting for the salt water to cool, wash and dry the eggs. Make sure the eggs are not crack.

把蛋洗净,抹干。蛋不能有裂痕。

3. Stir in Shao Xing wine to the salt water.

把绍兴酒加入盐水,搅拌均匀。

4. Carefully place the eggs in the glass container. Pour in the salt water. The eggs may float, use some egg holder/ small plates/ spoon to hold it down the water level. Refer to picture 1.

把蛋放进玻璃瓶再加入盐水。这时候蛋会浮上来,可以用些餐具把蛋压下。看上面的图一。

5. Cover the container with a lid. Keep in a cool place and let it sit for 30 days. 

把玻璃瓶盖好。放在阴凉处30天即可。若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...