This rich and flavourful seafood soup is the essence of the combination of prawns, dried silver fish and pork bones. Can you imagine how delicious it is when all these 3 ingredients comes together in a pot of soup?....not to forget the sweetness from the carrots and onion! It makes a superb soup base for noodles, rice vermicelli, spaghetti, macaroni or almost anything that you can think of.
|Just an idea ~ Mee Sua (aka Chinese thin noodles) in seafood soup.|
25 large Prawn Heads 虾头 25只
3 pcs Soup Bones 猪骨／汤骨 3块
1 large Onion (peeled, cut into chunks) 洋葱 1粒
4 slices Ginger 姜 4片
2 Carrots (peeled, cut into chunks) 胡萝卜 2条，去皮切块
2 tbsp Dried Silver Fish 银鱼干 2汤匙（也可用江鱼仔）
1.5L Hot Water 热水 1.5公升
|Seafood Soup. |
Different types of prawns used yield different colour.
Photo updated: 3 July 2018
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Heat oil in a skillet, cook the onion and ginger until fragrant.
2. Stir in prawn heads, cook until fragrant.
3. Mean while, immerse pork bones in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard water.
4. Add in pork bones, carrot, silver fish and water. Bring to boil.
5. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. When it's completely cooled, strain and transfer to some freezer-safe containers. You may use it on the same day or keep in the freezer for later use.
By readers. some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Tracy Mak|
|By Tracy Mak|