These are crunchy and healthy homemade Graham Crackers and I must tell you that they taste awesome! And it's so easy to make. No mixer required, all you need is just a hand whisk, a bowl and a kitchen spatula! Of course, not to forget the ingredients and oven :D
The graham crackers dough is quite easy to handle. I guess I will try many more different shapes in my next attempt ;)
|Easy Homemade Graham Crackers|
|What is the best thing of baking my own graham crackers?|
I can customised/ personalised the graham crackers!
This one with a printed note to remind my little boy to drink water at school :D
Ingredients: (Yield 60 graham crackers)
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour ( I use Blue Jacket Whole Wheat Flour) 健康全粒粉／全麦粉 1杯
1 cup All Purpose Flour 普通面粉 1杯
1/4 cup Sugar 糖 1/4 杯
1/2 tsp Salt 盐 1/2 小匙
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon 肉桂粉 1 小匙
1 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 1 小匙
1 Egg 鸡蛋 1 粒
1/4 cup Oil ( I use Medella Premium Organic Coconut Cooking Oil) 菜油 1/4 杯
1/4 cup Honey 蜜糖 1/4 杯
2 tbsp Milk 鲜奶 2 汤匙
Some milk for milk wash. 鲜奶少许
1. In a mixing bowl, mix (A) together.
将（ A ）混合。
2. In another bowl, use a hand whisk, lightly beat the egg.
3. Beat in the rest of the (B) ingredients until well combined.
把其余的 ( B ) 加入蛋液，搅拌均匀。
4. Add the flour mixture into egg mixture. Use a kitchen spatula, fold to form a dough.
将 ( A ) 倒入 ( B )，用刮刀搅拌成面团。
5. Cover with cling wrap, keep in the freezer for 40 minutes or until the dough is firm.
6. Remove from freezer, flour the worktop. Roll out the dough and shape as desired (don't forget to poke some holes). Transfer to a lined baking tray.
7. Milk wash, bake in a preheated oven 190'C for 12 minutes (Middle Rack, Traditional Mode).
8. Let it sit on the baking tray for few minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Keep in an airtight container when completely cooled.
1. The baking time may be vary depends on the size and thickness of the graham crackers.
2. Only thin graham crackers are crunchy. The graham crackers that I showed in the pictures are all crunchy. You may use it as a reference. Enjoy!
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy！
Photo updated 8 March 2016
Photo updated 11 March 2016
Here's to show the thickness of my graham crackers...
Recipe adapted from Kawaii Sweet World. Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe. My family and I love it so much! :)