When cooking for young children, steamed dishes are always on the top of my menu. This is one of the recipe that I have been using for years. When I was cooking for my 3yo son, I used to add pumpkin slices in it to add sweetness to this dish and at the same time, encourage the boy to eat pumpkin by adding the mashed pumpkin in rice with the gravy. It taste really good to serve it that way. The boy loves it!
However, it's optional to add pumpkin in it. If you hate pumpkin more than my son does, you may omit pumpkin and replace with some sugar. It taste better than those serve in the dim sum restaurant. ;)
200g Pork Ribs
* Some Pumpkin Slices (optional, omit sugar if pumpkin is added in this dish)
1 1/2 tsp Black Bean Garlic Sauce
* 1/2 tsp Sugar
About 1/2 - 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (add to taste)
1/8 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Tapioca Flour
3 slices Ginger (julienne)
Some chopped spring onion, coriander and red chili for garnishing.
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Place a cooking paper on a bowl. Place the pumpkin slices on the cooking paper (if using).
2. In another bowl, mix together all ingredients (except ginger). Transfer onto the pumpkin (if using).
3. Cover and let marinate at least 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
4. Before steam, add ginger and wrap up the cooking paper. If you do not have cooking paper at home, you can cover the bowl with aluminium foil.
5. Steam in a hot steamer for 40 minutes. Garnish with chopped spring onion, coriander and red chili. Best serve with rice.
By readers. Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Melanie Ruyeras|