This recipe was initially written by my 6yo son. If you wish to try out this recipe, please read the story of this cake before you try it. Click here to read the Mystery Cake Story.
|Baked into cupcakes. Yield 12 servings. |
Temperature: 160'C for 20 minutes.
Photo updated 22 May 2017
Ingredients & Method:
2 tbsp Milo powder
30g Fresh Milk
*Can be replaced with 3 tbsp Milo powder + 30g water
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Pour milk in a bowl, use the double boil method, warm the milk. Add Milo powder and stir until the Milo powder is fully dissolved. Set aside to cool.
3 Egg White
50g Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
3 Egg Yolk
65g Cake Flour/ Hong Kong Flour
Pinch of Salt
2. In a stand mixer, beat egg white until bubbling. Add lemon juice, continue to beat until foamy. Add sugar gradually and continue to beat until stiff peak.
3. Add yolks gradually and continue to beat in low speed until well combined.
4. Sift in flour (and salt) in 3 batches, gently fold until well combined.
5. In a large bowl, mix together oil and milk mixture. Scoop out 1/3 of the batter and gently fold in the oil mixture.
6. Pour the Milo mixture to the yolk mixture. Fold until well combined. Do not over-mix the batter.
7. Pour the batter in a lined baking pan (14cm x 20cm). Tap the pan 2-3 times on the table top.
8. Bake in a preheated oven 160'C for 45 minutes (Note to myself: Traditional mode, rack 2, transfer to rack 1 for the last 10 minutes.)
9. Remove from oven. Tap the pan 2-3 times on the table top. Invert to cool. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
Recipe credit to Louis Ng.
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Cassandra Poh|