COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM
Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.
If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to email@example.com
Friday, 31 October 2014
Non-Spicy Yellow Curry with Chicken & Potatoes 简易无辣鸡肉马铃薯黄咖喱
My little boy and myself like curry, but he can't take any spicy food. For food that he likes a lot, for example chili crab, he will eat but he got to drink lots of water after that. And, that's what I don't like him to do because that may cause indigestion. I used to cook instant Japanese curry for him but actually I personally prefer Thai/Malay/Indian curry, not the sweet Japanese curry.
So I thought hard to cook a type of curry that is non spicy but taste like CURRY for him. And, this is my version of yellow curry... very easy with only a few ingredients but the taste is superb.
100g Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast/ Chicken Thigh (Cut into small chunks)
1 tsp Corn Flour
Pinch of Salt
1/8 tsp Fresh Ginger Juice (finely grated and squeeze out the juice)
1 Potato (peeled and cut into small cubes)
2 Small Onion (thinly sliced)
12 Curry Leaves
(Add to taste)
Some Curry Powder
Some Ground Turmeric
Some Garlic Salt
Oil for cooking
2 tbsp Coconut Cream
1. Mix all (A) ingredients together and let marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a skillet, stir fry the potatoes for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in small onion. Continue to stir fry until fragrant.
4. Add in curry leaves. Continue to stir fry until fragrant.
5. When the color of the curry leaves turn darker in color, add in chicken chunks. Stir fry until the meat are almost cooked.
6. Add some water, garlic salt, curry powder and ground turmeric. Simmer until the meat is cooked through and potatoes are softened.
7. When the gravy is started to thicken, stir in coconut cream.
8. The gravy is thick and fragrant by now. Remove from heat and serve warm with steamed rice.