This Mushroom Chicken Rice recipe is similar to the Chinese Claypot Chicken Rice recipe that my mom used to cook for us. She used to cook chicken rice in a large claypot using charcoal (not gas stove) and it's pretty tricky to control the heat and moist level to make sure everything cooked to perfection, indeed she's able to do that without fail. For me, I will not use charcoal in my cooking unless having a BBQ pit rented at my condo...LOL.
|This is the rice cooker I'm using.|
Photo credit: Song Cho
I normally cook this mushroom chicken rice on the weekends when I don't want to spend much time in the kitchen. I prepared the meat on Friday when my son was at school and throw everything into the rice cooker the next day when we back home from outing. Let the rice cooker do the cooking while we taking a rest and enjoy a warm bowl of delicious mushroom chicken rice effortlessly. This recipe is simple enough for home cooks at all levels. However, you can see the meat portion is quite a lot for that amount of rice. That's because my family loves to have more meat. Feel free to reduce the meat or increase the rice portion to suit for preferences. ;)
Watch this video tutorial to learn how I cook yummy Mushroom Chicken Rice using Song Cho Rice Cooker:
Ingredients: Yield 3 servings
150g / 1 cup Rice 香米 150克
300g Chicken Thigh, sliced 鸡腿肉 300克，切条／切粒
4 Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced 香菇 4粒，切片
5 slices Ginger (or julienned) 姜 5片，可切丝
6 cloves Garlic, chopped 蒜头 6粒，剁碎
185g Water 水 185克
1/2 Chinese Sausage, sliced 腊肠 1/2 条，切片
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce 黑酱油 1汤匙
1 tsp Corn Flour 玉米粉／粟粉 1小匙
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce 酱油 1汤匙
1/4 tsp Salt 盐 1/4 小匙
A dash of White Pepper 胡椒粉 少许
1/4 tsp Garlic Pepper 大蒜胡椒 1/4 小匙
1 tsp Sesame Oil 麻油 1小匙
1 tbsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao Wine 绍兴花雕酒 1汤匙
3/4 tsp Sugar 细砂糖 3/4 小匙
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce 蚝油 2汤匙
Chopped spring onion and fried shallot 青葱碎和炸葱头 适量
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Add all marinade ingredients into chicken, mix well.
2. Add in mushroom, mix well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
3. To cook: Plug in Song Cho rice cooker. Press <MENU> function button, select <STEAM> function, press and hold the <START> button for 2 seconds.
先把松厨电饭锅插电开启。按《MENU 功能》 键，选择《STEAM 蒸煮》功能。长按2秒《START 开始》键。
4. Add oil into the inner pot, when the oil is heated, add in garlic, ginger and Chinese sausage. Stir fry until fragrant.
5. Add in rice, stir to mix well. Add in water, mix well.
6. Remove marinated mushrooms and chicken from the refrigerator, layer on the rice. Close the lid.
7. Press and hold <CANCEL> for 2 seconds. Press <MENU> function button, select <FAST COOK> , press and hold <START>. Let it cook.
长按2秒《CANCEL 取消》键，按《MENU 功能》 键，选择《FAST COOK 快煮》功能。长按2秒《START 开始》键。
8. Upon completion, a 'beep beep' sound will alert you that the cooking process is completed. Wait for 10-15 minutes, open the lid, add in spring onion and fried onion, stir well and serve warm.
设定功能完成后，饭锅会发出 “啲”“啲” 的声音，提示工作完成，自动进入保温状态。10-15 分钟后，加入青葱碎和炸葱头，拌均。即可享用美味的香菇鸡肉饭。若喜欢我的食谱，可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页，不要错过最新食谱发布。