This cake is commonly known as Ogura cake. It's actually similar to sponge cake and chiffon cake but the texture is more moist due to water bath method used in this recipe.
There are 3 flavours of Ogura cake that I used to bake for my family, that I started about 2 years back ~ Coffee Ogura, Bandung Ogura .....
|Bandung Ogura that I baked back in July 2015.|
|Bandung Ogura Cake made into a Candy Crush themed birthday cake for my son's 6yo birthday.|
.......and Pandan Ogura. I have tried both steam bake and water bath method for this cake. The one that I preferred, it's water bath method because the cake is more moist and it's especially tasty while it is chilled. Whereas steam bake method yield the similar texture like chiffon cake. Yes, my pandan chiffon cake is moist and soft too ;)
5 Egg Yolk 蛋黄 5粒
1 Egg 全蛋 1粒
1/4 tsp Salt 盐 1/4小匙
55g Oil 油 55克
80g Pandan Leaves 班兰叶 80克
90g Coconut Milk 椰浆 90克
80g Cake Flour/ Hong Kong Flour 低粉／香港面粉 80克
5 Egg White 蛋白 5粒
85g Castor Sugar 幼糖 85克
1 tsp Lemon Juice 柠檬汁 1小匙
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. Blend pandan leaves and coconut milk, extract the liquid, this should yield about 90g of green pandan milk. Set aside.
2. Use a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk and whole egg until frothy (until small bubbles appeared), whisk in salt, oil and green pandan milk until well combined. Gradually sieve in flour, gently whisk until no more lumps. Do not over mix the batter.
3. In a stand mixer, beat egg white and lemon juice until frothy, gradually beat in sugar. Continue to beat until the meringue is stiff but not dry.
4. Fold egg white into yolk batter in 3 batches.
5. Pour the batter into a lined baking tin (7" square baking tin). Gentle tap the baking tin on the worktop to release trapped air.
6. Bake in a preheated oven (water bath method) 160'C for 30 minutes (lowest rack). Reset temperature to 140'C, bake for 30 minutes (lowest rack). Move the baking tin to middle rack, continue to bake for 20 minutes until the top is nicely brown.
Do adjust the temperature and baking time according to your oven setting.
7. When it is done, remove the baking tin from oven. Invert the cake and peel off the baking sheet. Let it cool completely on the rack.
8. When it's completely cooled, transfer the cake into an airtight container, store in the refrigerator. Best served chilled.
|Feedback from Syvia|
Recipe adapted from Anncoojournal blog. Thank you :)