Click LIKE to receive recipe updates on Facebook

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 400 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.



Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Oven Baked Shrimp Paste Chicken 非油炸的虾酱炸鸡,烘烤式



The skin is crispy and meat is juicy! 

I marinate the meat overnight. The flavor penetrated deep into the meat. I normally don't eat chicken breast, but this piece is so tasty. A good way to use up the tasteless chicken breast that is less popular here :)

Shrimp paste aka prawn paste chicken was introduced by hubby in a not so healthy way, he packed the fried prawn paste chicken for my supper. Deep fried with oil, loaded with oil but I really love the flavor! The only way to fulfill my craving but not consuming so much oil from deep fried is.... home cooked!

I have 2 healthier cooking and less oil method - oven baked and air fried. Both methods uses much lesser oil compared to deep fried. I personally preferred the air fried method because the cooking time is shorter and air-fry method helps to extract the oil from the chicken (those FAT under the skin). For air fried method, click here for recipe. 


Ingredients:

400g Chicken with skin 
(chicken winglets are tastiest but I normally buy whole Kampong chicken. So I just use any parts that is available, cut into chunks)

Seasoning:

1 tbsp Shrimp paste

1 tbsp Oyster Sauce

1 tsp Cooking Wine (Shao Xing)

Some White Pepper 

1/2 tsp Sesame Oil

Some Corn Flour for coating 
(the picture shown in this blog used flour because I ran out of corn flour, previously I used corn flour for this, it's more crispy)

Cooking Spray or cooking oil 



If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Method:
1. Mix all seasoning in a bowl.



2. Add chicken and mix well with hand. Do a little massage to the chicken. (I normally wear glove when handling raw meat and seasoning). Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight for best flavor! 




3. Remove from fridge. Coat the chicken with corn flour. Place on a lightly greased baking rack. Leave it to room temperature about 30 minutes.


I do it this way... I placed a pizza tray on a larger baking tray. A mess-free method! :)
4. Spray some cooking spray all over (or brush with a thin layer of oil). Bake in a preheated oven 180'C for 15 minutes, flip over and bake another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!

First round baking...

Half way, pull out from the oven and flip over.

2nd round baking...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...