These yeasted Chocolate Waffles are easy to make, the batter can be prepared ahead of time. This recipe is ideal for busy home cooks to make for family breakfast or kids school snacks/ bento.
The freshly made waffles texture are crisp on the outside, soft inside. The taste is awesome, no 'yeast taste' at all.
When I'm serving these at home, I made the less sweet waffles topped with some hazelnut chocolate spread and chopped macadamia nuts. Also taste good with ice cream.
|Packed chocolate waffles for my son, for him to eat during school recess.|
If you like my recess food/ snack/ bento idea, click here,
LIKE & FOLLOW my Facebook fan page to receive daily simple school snacks idea.
When I have to pack these for my son's school snack/ bento, I added some dried cranberries in the batter. That way, the waffles need no toppings and they taste delicious.
60g Milk 牛奶 60克
1g Instant Yeast 即溶酵母 1克
90g Cake Flour 低粉 90克
6g Cocoa Powder 可可粉 6克
40g Castor Sugar/ Brown Sugar 细砂糖 40克，喜欢少甜的可以放25克
(Reduce to 25g for less sweet waffles/ if serving with sweet toppings)
1 Egg 鸡蛋 1粒
Pinch of Salt 盐 少许
30g Unsalted Butter (melted) 牛油 30克，溶化
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. In a bowl, combine yeast and milk, set aside.
2. In another bowl, sieve flour and cocoa powder, mix well, set aside.
3. Whisk egg, sugar and salt to combine.
4. Stir in (1) , mix well with a hand whisk.
5. Stir in (2) , mix well till no more lumps.
6. Stir in melted butter. Mix well.
7. Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.
8. Remove the batter from the refrigerator, let the batter sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the waffle iron. Cook in a preheated waffle iron for 4 minutes each or until cooked/ crisp. Repeat for the rest. Grease the waffle iron with some oil to prevent sticking. Serve right away.