|Playing with my boy's food again...just for fun. :)|
The pictures shown in this blog was my first attempt of Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes. I made this with my Tefal Actifry before I got my oven. It's so soft and fluffy even there's no baking powder or baking soda or cream tartar added in it...it's made of all natural ingredients - EGGS, FLOUR, SUGAR, MILK and OIL! Filled with Vanilla Custard Cream made from scratch. Super delicious!
I made 6 cupcakes. Only 5 cupcakes in this picture because my boy can't wait to eat the cake before I make the filling...
Christmas is around the corner! This is the time to make some 'snowing' dessert. Here's the recipe to 'bake' Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcake with Tefal Actifry. It's quick and easy. They taste equally good as oven baked chiffon cake! For oven baked recipe, click here for recipe.
Ingredients: (Yield 6 small cupcakes)
Egg Yolk Batter:
23g Egg Yolk
10g Castor Sugar
23ml Fresh Milk
30g Cake Flour/ Hong Kong Flour
68g Egg White
20g Castor Sugar
Icing Sugar for dusting
(The cake recipe is less sweet, customized to pair with the vanilla custard whipped cream which is sweeter in taste)
Prepare the filling in advance. For Vanilla Custard Whipped Cream recipe, click here.
1. Whisk egg yolk and castor sugar until pale and thick. Add in oil, mix well.
2. Add in fresh milk, mix well. Sift in cake flour and mix well. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg white until foamy. Add sugar gradually and whisk until stiff peak.
4. Fold egg white into egg yolk batter (3 batches). Pour evenly into 6 small paper cups.
5. Place on the fryer's pan and cook until lightly brown. Rotate the cake when needed to get an even color cake.
|Less batter in each cup.|
|More batter in each cup.|
|The next day...this cake is best eaten while it's chilled. Keep in an airtight container and store in the fridge, it's still soft and fluffy the next day.|