Crispy Money Bag 香脆黄金福袋. This dish symbolised wealth and prosperity as the dumpling looks like a purse filled with gold/ money. It's a prefect dish to serve during Chinese New Year. Other than festive season, this dish also make a great starter, side dish or finger food. So delish!
I love deep frying using Song Cho IDEAL wok. It is a flat based stainless steel wok that can be used to do more than just simple stir-frying. A multiply stainless steel wok without chemical coating, so it's safe to use in any cooking and ideal for deep frying.
Ingredients: Yield 20 Money Bags
138g Prawn (Peeled, deveined, use a pair of scissors to cut into smaller chunks)
50g Minced Meat 猪肉碎 50克
20pcs Spring Roll Pastry 春卷皮 20片
Some Chives 韭菜
1/4 tsp Salt 盐 1/4 小匙
Some White Pepper 胡椒粉 少许
Some Sesame Oil 麻油 少许
1/2 tsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao Wine 绍兴花雕酒 1/2 小匙
A few leaves of Coriander (chopped) 少许芫西碎
1/4 tsp Tapioca Flour 木薯粉 1/4小匙
1/4 tsp Sugar 糖 1/4 小匙
1/4 tsp Sesame Oil 麻油 1/4 小匙
1/2 tsp Soy Sauce 酱油 半小匙
Other options: add some diced water chestnuts. 可依自己的口味添加一些马蹄碎，增添口感。
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Add (A) into prawn, mix well and set aside.
2. Add (B) into minced meat, stir and mix with a pair of chopsticks in the same direction (clock wise/ anti clock wise) until the meat turn gooey.
3. Mix all (A+B) until well combined.
4. Fill up 1/4 of water in Song Cho Ideal Wok. Bring to a boil, blanch the chives. Remove from heat and rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
5. Spoon the meat mixture onto a piece of spring roll pastry. Wrap up. Tie up with chives.
7. Add some oil in Song Cho Ideal Wok, heat the oil to 170'C. Add in money bag (by batch) and deep fry till golden brown. Serve warm.