Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 7 August 2017

Minions/ Despicable Me Theme Rainbow Birthday Cake 小黄人彩虹生日蛋糕制作过程




Happy 8th Birthday to my baby Louis!

This year, the boy didn't want to have birthday party with friends, he wanted a quiet and simple celebration at home. I have made 2 birthday cakes for him, one for Lunar birthday and one on the actual day.


This was the Minions Birthday Swiss Roll that I made for his Lunar birthday. 


Minions Birthday Swiss Roll<<Click here for recipe>>


The cake on the actual day, it's definitely a complicated and more time consuming compared to the swiss roll. He wished to have a Minions theme rainbow birthday cake. 


Minions fondant figurines
hand-shaped from scratch

Rainbow cake is time consuming because each layer is one cake. Theoretically I have to bake 7 cakes to achieve the 7 rainbow colours. However, accident always happened when I am short of time. Yes, I accidentally broke 3 cakes and no, I'm not going to tell you the details, so don't ask. :D 




To achieve the beautiful 7 colours rainbow cake, I have baked 10 cakes using my limited cake tin and limited oven space. I have baked 4 rounds to complete the baking.




In the past, I only make fondant cake for his birthday. This year, I used fresh cream frosting and fondant figurines. Does it looks plain to you? Well actually, there's no need much exterior decoration on a rainbow cake because the surprise is inside the cake. 






I want it to be simple and nice, just 3 Minions with a Felonious Gru shadow, a plain white frosting rainbow cake with the birthday boy's name on top. I am glad that it turned out fabulously beautiful...



Minions/ Despicable Me Theme Rainbow Birthday Cake
7 stunning colours soft and spongy cakes, frosted with light fresh cream.
Cute, beautiful and delicious! 


That's how it was made.....



























Minions/ Despicable Me Theme Rainbow Birthday Cake - 7 stunning colours soft and spongy cakes, frosted with light fresh cream. Cute, beautiful and delicious! Rainbow cake recipe coming soon. Click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives facebook page to receive recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...