|Homemade pickled green chilies served with seafood hor fun aka rice noodle.|
Pickled Green Chili is a popular condiment and it goes well with Asian dishes especially noodles - Hakka Noodles , Stir Fry Seafood Hor Fun aka rice noodles, Char Kuey Teow in dark soy sauce, dry Wonton noodles and many more.
In most of the Cantonese restaurants in Singapore and Malaysia, you will find pickled green chili served in a small glass container on the dining table together with soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder, pepper etc.
Making it at home is cheap, more hygienic and fresh. Keep it in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator, enjoy it anytime of the day....it's even taste good in salad and sandwiches! ;)
190g Green Chili 青辣椒 190克
240ml White Vinegar 白米醋 240克
185g Sugar 细砂糖 185克
2 tsp Salt 盐 2小匙
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar and salt are fully dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool.
2. Meanwhile, wash the green chilies, soak in a bowl of clean water for 10 second. Discard the water.
3. Cut green chili into 3mm slices.
4. Pour in hot boiling water and let it soak for 15 second.
5. Drain and discard the water. Let it cool on a strainer.
|The next day...隔天已腌制好的青辣椒。|
6. Transfer the green chili in to a clean/ sterilised glass container. Pour in the liquid mixture, cover and store in the refrigerator. It's ready on the next day.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Apple Siew|
|By Corina Leong|
|By Corina Leong|