I used to cook Salted Fish Pork Belly in a skillet until recently I bought a mini rice cooker, I have tried cooking it in the rice cooker. Glad that it works and the result is awesome!
I probably will only use the rice cooker to cook this dish in future, perhaps I need a slightly bigger rice cooker because my boy said he wants to eat this for lunch and dinner everyday :D
My cooking is mainly for my little boy, so this is a kid-friendly and non spicy version, if you like it spicy, just add more dried chilies or click here to read how I made the chillies non-spicy.
180g Fresh Pork Belly (sliced) or pork collar
15g Salted Fish (soaked and cut) 梅香咸鱼
3 Dried Chili (add more if you like it spicy)
4 cloves Garlic (peeled and sliced)
1 Onion (peeled and sliced)
4 slices Ginger
(B) add to taste
Dark Soy Sauce
1. Add seasoning (A) to pork belly. Mix well. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. Add some oil in the rice cooker bowl, preheat the rice cooker (set to 'cooking' mode, do not cover the lid)
4. Stir fry the pork belly to remove the water. Dish out, set aside.
5. Fry garlic, ginger, onion and dried chili until fragrant.
6. Stir in the cooked pork belly and salted fish. Cook for few minutes.
7. Add some hot water, just enough to cover the ingredients. Stir in oyster sauce, sugar and dark soy sauce. Cover and set to 'Cooking' mode.
1. You may cook this ahead of time and set to 'Keep Warm' mode. That's how I fixed my lunch and dinner today!
Click here for Pork Belly With Salted Fish cooked in skillet recipe.