Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Thursday 11 February 2016

Malaysian Style Hokkien Noodle 福建面

This is the Hokkien Noodle that I prepared for my son to eat during recess at school.


This is the food that I miss a lot after I moved to Singapore. The Hokkien noodle in Singapore is totally different from what I had in Malaysia. The dark soy sauce in the thick gravy is the signature of this dish. The darker the colour, the yummier it taste! :P

I had been cooking this for many years. However, I normally reduced the dark soy sauce used in my home cooked Hokkien noodle. Do you know why? Make a guess ;)



Ingredients: 

Thick Hokkien Noodle 
(I sub with Udon because I don't like the yellow food colouring used in yellow noodles)

Sliced Pork (marinate with soy sauce, pepper and tapioca flour)

Fresh Prawn (marinate with sesame oil, pepper and salt)

Minced Garlic

Sliced Fish Cake

Some Green Vegetables (I used organic baby spinach)





Seasoning: (add to taste)


Chicken Broth (I used organic low sodium chicken broth)

Oyster Sauce

Dark Soy Sauce

Soy Sauce

White Pepper 

Sugar


If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:

1. Heat some oil in a skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.

2. Add sliced pork and prawn, stir fry until almost cooked.

3. Stir in fish cake follow by noodle. Cook for a minute until the noodle is loosen. 

4. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Add the rest of the seasoning to taste. 

5. Add vegetable. When the vegetable is cooked and the gravy is thicken, it's ready.

6. Serve warm.


Note:


~ if using the thick yellow noodles, braise longer time until it's softened. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...