Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Sunday 21 February 2016

Coconut & Yam Paste Crispy Nian Gao Stick (aka OrNee Nian Gao Stick) 椰香芋泥年糕棒



When I ask my 7yo son what he wants for Chinese New Year, he wants me to make Pork Jerky for him.....when my sister ask me the same question, my answer is always the same - Traditional Nian Gao! 

My new creation ~ Coconut & Yam Paste Nian Gao Stick ~ was an unplanned experiment. I wanted to make yam paste dessert at first but after pureed the yam, I realised that I did not have shallot to make shallot oil. So I changed my mind to add some flour mixture (based on my last year creation - Baked Purple Sweet Potato Nian Gao Mochi flour ratio to form a thick paste, then coat it on Nian Gao and pan fry. 

Before you continue with this blog, I must tell you, this is not a foolproof recipe. The thick and sticky yam paste isn't easy to handle. But, trust me, the result is awesome! It turned out so tasty and addictive! The outer crust is crispy and the inner part is chewy. Non greasy because I pan fried it with minimal oil used. This is something you must try if you are a Nian Gao lover like me ;) 



Ingredients: (Yield 6 - 3inch Nian Gao Stick)
~I must say this is ONE serving, I finished eating all 6 by myself! 

80g Steamed Yam (steamed with pandan leaves for 30 minutes) 
蒸好的芋头80克(加一些班兰叶一起蒸30分钟)

3 tbsp Coconut Milk 
椰奶3汤匙

Note:
The amount of coconut milk used is based on the moisture of the yam, do adjust accordingly. 椰奶的份量需自己拿捏。

Pinch of Salt
盐,少许

10g Sugar (optional, omit sugar for less sweet nian gao stick)
糖 10克,不爱吃太甜的可以不放

15g Rice Flour
粘米粉 15克

23g Glutinous Rice Flour
糯米粉 23克

6 Nian Gao Stick
年糕6条,大概三寸长








If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 

如果您要分享此食谱/内容,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Method:

1. Puree the steamed yam with coconut milk.
将芋头和椰奶搅成泥状。




2. Add in pinch of salt and sugar if using. Mix well. Add in all the flour, form a thick paste.
再加入全部材料(除了年糕),用汤匙搅拌均匀。

3. Heat oil in a skillet, coat the nian gao with yam paste, pan fry until golden brown. When the nian gao bubbling out, means it's ready to serve! Enjoy! 
烧热少许油,把年糕粘上芋泥,煎至金黄色。少许年糕流出,即可!若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...