Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Pan Fried Ngoh Hiang (aka Meat Roll wrapped with bean curd skin) 香煎五香腐皮肉卷 - 少油

Easy Homemade Ngoh Hiang/ Five Spice Meat Roll Recipe 
Photo updated: October 2019

This is my version of Ngoh Hiang... I am not Teow Chew so my recipe here is definitely not an authentic Teow Chew Ngoh Hiang. My Hakka Noodle is authentic because I am Hakka.. Lol...just kidding... 

Mine is simplified version with less ingredients like taro, water chestnuts etc... Well, simply because my son don't like that :) However, the taste is right because I did not omit the most important ingredient - Chinese Five Spice! Smells good, taste good...Yummylicious!

As usual, I do not deep fry food with oil. So there's no exceptional for this dish. I pan fried it instead of deep fry. With very little oil used, it turned out crispy on the outer, the fillings are juicy and the taste is superb!  :)

Kid's after school lunch idea ~ Homemade Ngoh Hiang + Spinach + French bean mushrooms fried egg.

Photo updated: October 2019.


Ingredients: (Yield 6 medium size Ngoh Hiang)

中文食谱可在网页的右边点击Translate,然后选择中文翻译


200g Minced Pork

5 Large Prawns 
(Minced. I bought some super large prawns today. I was in a rush this morning so I didn't weight this, the minced prawn is about the same amount as the minced pork. Probably about 150g. The exact amount will be updated on my next attempt)



Seasoning:

1 tbsp Oyster Sauce

1/2 - 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (Use 1/2 tbsp if cooking for young children)

1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine

1.5 tsp Tapioca Flour

Dash of Chinese Five Spice

Dash of White Pepper

1/2 tbsp Sesame Oil








1 Stalk Spring Onion (Finely chopped)

1/2 sheet Bean Curd Skin 



Method:

1. In a bowl, mix all seasoning and minced pork. 

2. Use a pair of chopsticks, mix in one direction until the mixture is gooey. 



3. Add in minced prawns. Continue to mix in the same direction until gooey. Add in spring onion, mix in the same direction until well combined. Set aside.



3. Use a damp cloth, clean both sides of the bean curd skin to remove the oil and dust residue, if any. 




4. Use a pair of scissors, trim off the sides. Then trim bean curd skin to 6 rectangle shapes. 

5. Spread some meat fillings on the bottom edge of the bean curd skin. 



6. Roll up and transfer to a plate. Repeat for the rest. 


Let it rest for 30 minutes before pan fry or keep in the freezer for later use.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


How to pan fry Ngoh Hiang:

1. Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add in Ngoh Hiang (room temperature).




2. Pan fry the Ngoh Hiang with medium heat for about 1-2 minutes both sides or until golden brown and crisp. 



3. Do not forget the sides... ;) 


I removed some oil with a kitchen towel before I fry the sides because the oil splashed on my hand. Ouch!

My boy rated this as Super Yummy Food! Lol...

Tips: When the Ngoh Hiang is 'harden' means it's cooked! 

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...