A fruity twist to the usual Chinese New Year Yu Sheng salad, made creatively with fresh fruits and sashimi grade salmon. Added some shrimp Tenkasu for the crunch. Looks good, taste great!
This was my first ever DIY Yu Sheng made in 2018, year of dog. And that is why you see the cute little Snoopy dog smiling happily on the plate.
|Me and my 阿旺 food art. :)|
8 slices Sashimi Grade Salmon
Some Tabiko (for garnishing)
280g Japanase Daikon/ radish (shredded)
|The first 3 ingredients that I got from Emporium Shokuhin.|
1 Red Apple (shredded)
1 Green Apple (shredded)
1 Green Apple (thinly sliced)
1 Orange Carrot (shredded)
1/4 Purple Carrot (shredded)
10 Red Seedless Grapes
10 Green Seedless Grapes
1 slice Mango
1 cup Shrimp Tenkasu
(can be replaced with Bok Chui crackers)
2-3 tbsp Plum Sauce
1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
2 tbsp Toasted Ground Nuts
1/2 tsp White Pepper
1 tbsp Ground Nut Oil
1 tsp Lemon Juice
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Made Snoopy character with Daikon.
2. Add facial details and outlines using purple carrot. Made heart shape using orange carrot.
3. Cut mango into the auspicious character 旺 or just cut into cubes.
4. Place the mango on the shredded carrot.
5. Place 4 slices of salmon as shown in the picture below, roll up to make the flower. Repeat for the rest.
6. Assemble with the rest of the ingredients. Add some Tabiko on the shredded carrot to give it a nicer colour.
7. To serve, add in condiments, toss up high and enjoy! 恭喜发财 Happy New Year!
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & Follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!