Rice Based Bento ~ Happy Bear Bento filled with Black Angus Ribeye Steak in homemade sweet tare sauce, paired with rice and some stir fry veggies, prawns and egg.
Specially made this for my happy boy who recently so-into taking over my morning chores :D Every morning, he woke up at 6am (30 minutes before the alarm sets off), prepare breakfast, get ready himself for school and wake me up to have breakfast with him. How lovely.... so when I say I love my boy more than anyone else, I really mean it ❤️
Here are some quick notes to show how I put this together:
1. Soak 70g sushi rice for 30 minutes, drain. Add 100g water, cover with lid and bring to boil, reduce to low heat, simmer for 10 minutes, let it sit for 10 minutes.
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱/内容，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
2. Season the meat with salt, black pepper and olive oil. Add some all purpose herbs seasoning if you like it more flavourful. I use Black Angus Ribeye from Australia.
3. Heat some oil and pan fry the meat both sides till your desired level of doneness.
|I added a little butter to elevate the taste.|
4. Remove the meat from pan and let it rest for a while. Cut the meat into bear head shape.
|When cooking steak for my kid (especially packing for bento), the steak has to be cooked, not medium rare. |
The meat is cooked through, slightly pink on the inside, the texture is tender and juicy.
5. Portion out some rice for bear face/ eyes, add the remaining in bento box.
6. Assemble bento with other side dishes. Add bear facial details using seaweed.
|This picture was taken before adding sauce.|
Thanks for reading, I hope you are inspired after reading my blog. If you love to see my food, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.