Unlike the common soupy Tang Yuan, Lei Sha Tang Yuan is served dry coated with ground roasted peanuts. The texture of these Tang Yuan is springy and soft, filled with homemade black sesame fillings, simply delectable!
|Pig year is ending soon, made another round of piggies tang yuan on Winter Solstice. |
Cute Pig Tang Yuan In Osmanthus Syrup
Photo updated: 22 Dec 2019
Some Ground Roasted Peanuts 烤香花生碎 适量
100g Glutinous Rice Flour 糯米粉 100克
30g Hot Boiling Water 热水 30克
40g Cold Water 冷水 40克
Some Pink Food Colouring 粉红色素
Black Sesame Fillings 黑芝麻馅：
80g Toasted Black Sesame Seeds 炒香黑芝麻 80克
85g Castor Sugar 细砂糖 85克
30g Salted Butter or Lard, add more if prefer runny paste 含盐牛油／猪油 30克
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Process toasted black sesame seeds and sugar in a blender, stir in butter/ lard to form a thick paste.
2. Divide the paste, roll into small balls. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare dough: Mix glutinous rice flour and hot boiling water with a spatula. Gradually add in cold water and knead with hand to form a dough. Knead in food colouring if using.
4. Divide dough, wrap in fillings and shape. (for reference: black sesame paste 10g, dough 15g).
5. Boil a pot of water, add in glutinous rice balls, cook until they float up. Cook for another minute. Transfer the dough to a bowl of water (room temperature), drain and coat with/ serve on ground roasted peanuts.