Swiss rolls are one of my favourite kind of cakes. I have made swiss roll in various flavours from the most popular Classic Vanilla Swiss Roll to Coffee Swiss Roll, Pandan Coconut Swiss Roll and some beautifully decorated swiss roll - Giraffe Swiss Roll, Minion Birthday Swiss Roll, Disney Chuck Chicken Swiss Roll, Monster University Randall Swiss Roll and many more.
Among the recipes that I have shared previously, this is another swiss roll recipe that I loved. This deliciously soft, fluffy, moist, rich and chocolatey swiss roll is definitely a rewarding treat for chocolate lovers.
|Another design that I have made last year.|
This swiss roll filled with chocolate ganache. :)
4 Egg Yolk 蛋黄 4粒
1 Whole Egg 全蛋 1粒
52g Oil 油 52克
25g Cocoa Powder 可可粉 25克
55g Cake Flour 低粉 55克
4 Egg White 蛋白 4粒
Few drops of Lemon Juice 少许柠檬汁/ 塔塔粉
85g Castor Sugar 细砂糖 85克
(can be reduced for less sweet swiss roll)
Whipped Cream, click here for whipped cream recipe or use topping cream. 鲜奶油，打发
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
Preheat oven 170'C. Sift flour and cocoa powder, set aside.
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, when temperature reach 85'C, remove from heat. Stir in flour and cocoa powder, mix well.
2. Add in milk, mix well.
3. Add in whole egg, mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir in egg yolk, mix well. Set aside.
5. In another mixing bowl, beat egg white and lemon juice until foamy, add in sugar gradually. Beat until stiff and glossy.
7. Pour the batter onto a lined baking tray (28cm/ 11" x 35cm/ 14"). Spread the batter evenly. Gently tap 2-3 times on the worktop.
倒入铺了油纸的烤盘（尺寸：28cm/ 11" x 35cm/ 14"）。把烤盘轻轻在桌面敲2-3次。
9. When it's ready, remove from oven, gently tap 2-3 times on the worktop. Place a baking sheet and cooling rack on the cake, flip it over.
10. Remove the baking tray. Carefully remove the baking sheet. Roll up the cake while it's still warm. Here's a short video to show how I roll the cake:
11. Let it cool completely on the rack.
12. When it's completely cooled, unfold the cake. Add whipped cream and roll up again. Use Hot Stamp Tool to print the picture on the swiss roll.
|I print the Rilakkuma picture on the swiss roll using Hot Stamp Tool.|
Hot Stamp Tool can be purchased from DGZ SHOP.
Choose standard designs from the templates HERE or make your own customised designs/ logo.
慢慢打开蛋糕，涂一层鲜奶油，然后卷起，收冰箱 1-2 小时。冷却后即可享用。若喜欢我的食谱，可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页，不要错过最新食谱发布。
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!