This is my simple recipe making delicious and nutritious noodles from scratch, without noodle machine, no artificial colouring and flavouring. For some reason, people tends to think making noodles from scratch is difficult, but it's actually simpler than you think.
These noodles are soft and springy, cook quickly and keep very well in the refrigerator. I have added a superfood in these noodles - Carrot.
The health benefits of carrots include:
- Reduced cholesterol
- Lower risk of heart attack
- Improve vision
- Reduced signs of premature aging
- Prevention of certain cancers
- Boost immune system
- Improve digestion
- Protect cardiovascular health
- Detoxify the body, etc...
|I don't have a noodle machine at home, so I use a sharp knife to cut the dough into thin strips.|
Knife - Tramontina Utility Knife
1 medium size Carrot 胡萝卜 1 条
140g Water 水 140克
250g Plain Flour 中筋面粉 250克
1 tsp Salt 盐 1 小匙
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Peel and cut carrot into chunks.
2. Blend carrot with water, pour the juice through a sieve. Reserve the juice.
3. Add carrot juice, flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Knead for 15 minutes.
4. Transfer the dough onto a floured worktop.
5. Cut out about 1/5 of the dough, use cling wrap to cover the remaining dough.
6. Roll out the dough, cut into thin strips. Refer pictures. If you have a noodle machine, you can use it to process the noodles.
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 to finish up the remaining dough.
重复步骤 5 和 6 至用完面团。
|Minced Meat Dry Noodles, using my homemade carrot noodles.|
Hubby and son gave 2 thumbs up!
9. These noodles cooked quickly (less than a minute). Rinse noodles, drain and serve with your choice of dressing.