Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Friday 27 April 2018

Cute Little Sheep Steamed Bun aka Pao 小绵羊造型香菇鸡肉包



Baa Baa.... Cute Little Sheep Steamed Bun aka Pao filled with chicken and shiitake mushrooms. Other than the regular  Char Siew Pao (BBQ Pork Bun) , this is another type of savoury steamed bun that my family loved. 

Previously I made Chicken Pao in cute chicken shape. This time, it's little sheep. Actually this was a last minute idea. At first I planned to make plain steamed bun because today is Friday, early school dismissal that I have not much "play time" in the kitchen. When I was half way shaping the buns, the hubby popped by the kitchen, asked me "what are you making? chicken pao ahh, why so plain? " ..... 

Looking at the plain round buns, yes I agreed, too plain LOL... I have a thumbs size dough left in the refrigerator, I then used it to turn my plain round buns into cute little sheeps. 









Here's how I made it... 

Click here for >> Chicken & Mushroom Steamed Bun Recipe 
点击进入 》香菇鸡肉包食谱 》






How I shape the bun into cute little sheep:

1. Wrap the bun with fillings.




2. Roll out a small portion of dough. Use a sheep head shape cutter, cut out the dough. Brush some milk on the bun and place the "head" on the bun. 





If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱/内容,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!



3. Use a flower shape cutter, cut out a small flower. Brush some milk on the top of the "head" , place the "flower" on top of it. Cut out another "flower", place it at the back of the bun as tail. Use pictures below as reference. 








3. Repeat for the rest. Cover and let it proof for 40 minutes. Steam in a hot steamer for 15 minutes. 



4. When it is done, turn off the heat, let it sit in the steamer for 5 minutes before removing from the steamer. When the buns are completely cooled, draw facial details with edible marker.

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...