An excellent source of vitamin A, B6 and dietary fibre, sweet potatoes are a serious nutritional powerhouse. This pancake recipe that I'm sharing here are made with nutrient-packed sweet potatoes.
I always wanted to try a healthy take on sweet potato breakfast pancakes but I find it too tedious to steam and mash the sweet potatoes in the morning. Until, I have got these sweet potato powder from NATUREALLY.
I skipped the steaming and mashing in the morning by using ready-to-use natural sweet potato powder, it's actually 100% instant. Just add warm water, mix into paste and whisk well with the rest of the ingredients. These sweet potato pancakes taste absolutely delicious and they are very easy to make, cook quickly and reheat well. It's a perfect low profile way to sneak some root veggies into the kid's breakfast. ;)
Ingredients: Yield 8 pancakes
30g NATUREALLY Sweet Potato Powder
|NATUREALLY Sweet Potato Powder can be purchased from Qoo10. |
Here's the LINK: https://www.qoo10.sg/shop/NATUREALLY
215g Fresh Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
100g All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Castor Sugar (optional)
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. In a bowl, mix sweet potato powder and water to form smooth paste.
2. Add in fresh milk, vanilla extract and egg, mix well.
3. Sift in the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
4. Lightly grease a non stick pan with a few drop of oil, use kitchen towel to wipe off excess oil. Heat the pan over medium heat. Scoop and pour the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
5. Flip pancake when starts to bubble.
6. Brown both sides, repeat for the rest and serve warm.
|I print the Pooh Bear picture on the pancake using Hot Stamp Tool.|
Hot Stamp Tool can be purchased from DGZ SHOP.
Choose standard designs from the templates HERE or make your own customised designs/ logo.