No-Bake Lychee Cheesecake 免烤荔枝奶酪蛋糕 - Pureed Lychee gives this cheesecake a light and soft texture with subtle tropical fruit flavour and it goes brilliantly with the buttery digestive biscuit base. This perfectly lite sweet melt-in-mouth creamy cheesecake is wonderfully delicious and sensational!
I have been wanting to do this for the longest time and I'm happy that I finally made it for this special occasion - my husband's birthday.
He is the guy who never appreciate fancy decorated cakes, so what I did was as simple as possible. Just placed some leftover lychees and lustred gooseberries on top and that's all for a simple yet elegant Lychee Cheesecake.
The taste was absolutely good, both the husband and son loves it and gave 2 thumbs up! :)
150g Digestive Biscuit, finely crushed
60g Butter, melted
250g Cream Cheese
200g Whipping Cream
50g Plain Yoghurt
125g Lychee Puree (blend canned lychee into puree)
1 tbsp (full) Gelatin Powder
80g Icing Sugar (can be reduced to 65g for less sweet cheesecake)
1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Cake pan: 7 or 7.5" round removable base.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Combine digestive biscuit and melted butter.
2. Spread onto the cake pan and press down with the back of a spoon (or with cleaned hand). Refrigerate till set, at least 1 hour.
3. Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Place bowl in a larger pot of hot water. Once the gelatin melts, remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
5. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and half of the icing sugar together until smooth and creamy.
6. In another mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and the remaining icing sugar until stiff.
7. Combine lemon juice and lychee puree. Stir in gelatin to lychee puree.
8. Add yoghurt into cream cheese mixture, mix well. Fold in lychee puree and whipped cream.
9. Pour the mixture into the chilled crust. Refrigerate overnight or until set. Remove cheesecake from the cake pan and serve chilled. Tap the link below and watch the video tutorial of how I remove my cheesecake from the pan, the easy and perfect way! If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
Watch video tutorial
|By Mandy Kee|