Stir Fried Clam & Gnocchi Dry Curry 香炒马铃薯丸子干咖喱 - A deliciously spicy dish that combined Italian pasta, clam and local's favourite curry, all in one. Deep fried gnocchi are crisp on the outside and chewy inside. Coated with seafood curry sauce, the taste is unbelievably scrumptious!
Gnocchi are plump little lumps of pasta made of potato and it's commonly eaten as a form of pasta dish in Italy. It's usually cooked in salted boiling water and considered cooked when they floats to the surface. The Italian usually eat it with pasta sauce as part of their staple dish. Thanks to Casa Rinaldi for sending over the sampling packs to me. :)
In this blog post, I'm sharing an interesting way to cook gnocchi. I have created a mouth watering dish that is more suitable for Asian tastebud, a fusion dish to combine our local favourite dry curry clam and gnocchi.
(Soak in 1 litre water + 1 tbsp salt) for 2 hours. Rinse under running water, drain and set aside.)
Some oil for cooking
10g Curry Leaves
20g Shallot (thinly sliced)
1 Red Chili (thinly sliced)
1 tbsp Seafood Curry Powder
1/2 tsp White Pepper
1/2 tsp Sugar
100ml Seafood/ Chicken Broth
1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1/2 tbsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao Wine
(C) Stir to mix well, add as needed. You may not need to add in all.
1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
1 tbsp Water
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. Bring a pot of water to boil, add clam and stir gently. When most of the clams have opened, remove from heat and drain. Discard any unopened clams. Break off and discard the top shells of the opened clams. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan, deep fry gnocchi till the outer layer is crisp. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a skillet, add in (A), stir to mix well and fry till fragrant.
4. Add in (B) and clams, increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 1 minute.
6. Gradually stir in (C), when the sauce is thicken, add in gnocchi, toss to mix well and coat evenly. Remove from heat and serve right away. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!