Easy Gula Melaka Steamed Cake aka Ma Lai Gao recipe - This recipe is without butter. It's soft, fragrant and super easy to prepare. Taste really good, ideal for breakfast or snacks anytime.
|That's how it looks when steamed in a paper cup. |
If you like it taller and more fluffy, use a lined steamed basket.
(Make 4 cupcakes)
65g Milk 牛奶 65克
95g Gula Melaka/ Palm Sugar 马六甲椰糖 95克
2 Pandan Leaves 班兰叶 2片
100g All Purpose Flour 中筋面粉 100克
1/3 tsp Baking Powder 发粉／泡打粉 1/3 小匙
1/3 tsp Baking Soda 苏打粉 1/3 小匙
Pinch of Salt 盐 少许
2 Eggs 鸡蛋 2粒
55g Oil 油 55克
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. In a sauce pan, add pandan leaves, milk and gula melaka. Heat up to melt the gula melaka.
2. Once the gula melaka is fully dissolved, remove from heat and let it cool completely. Discard the pandan leaves.
3. In a clean bowl, use a hand whisk, beat the eggs until fluffy.
4. Stir in the gula melaka mixture.
5. Stir in oil. Mix well.
6. Gradually sift in flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix with a hand whisk until well combined. Cover with cling wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
8. Scoop the batter into 4 medium cups/ a lined steam basket. Steam in a hot steamer for 15minutes. When it's ready, wait for 5 minutes before open the lid.