Nata de coco is chewy, translucent and the texture is similar to jelly that is produced by the fermentation of coconut water. Originated in the Philippines, nata de coco is most commonly used in sweetened desserts and it pair perfectly with pudding, ice cream and fruit cocktails.
In this recipe, I paired it with mango pudding. Why? because it taste really good and adds a nice chewy texture to the creamy pudding.
This recipe was adapted from here. I adjusted the recipe to yield softer and creamier pudding. If you like pudding that can be un-mould, click here to get the recipe. If you love creamy pudding that serves right in the cup, you may continue to read and try out this recipe. ;)
40g Water 水 40克
1 tbsp Gelatin Powder 吉利丁粉 1汤匙
260g Mango Puree 芒果泥 260克
1 tsp Lemon Juice 柠檬汁 1小匙
60g Mango Cubes 芒果果肉 60克，切粒
70g Nata De Coco 椰果 70克
70g Sugar 细砂糖 70克
110g Water 水 110克
82g Whipping Cream 动物性鲜奶油 82克
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Set aside for 10 mins.
|after 10 mins...|
2. Meanwhile, prepare the mango puree, add 3/4 tsp lemon juice to mango puree, mix well. Add the remaining 1/4 tsp lemon juice to mango cubes, mix well, set aside.
|To prepare mango puree, blend the fresh mangoes and strain through a sieve.|
3. When the gelatin is fully bloom, heat water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Turn off heat and add in soaked gelatin, stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
5. Stir in mango puree and whipping cream.
6. Pour the mixture evenly in the prepared ramekins/ pudding cups. Add in some mango cubes and nata de coco. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Garnish with some mangoes and nata de coco, serve chilled.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!