Little Bear Glutinous Rice Ball aka Tang Yuan (Peanut & Black Sesame Filling) 小熊巧克力芝麻花生馅汤圆 ~ This is a simple recipe to make delicious Tang Yuan, filled with homemade peanuts & black sesame paste. The texture is Q (aka springy) and soft.
|Bears and Minion Tang Yuan. |
The Minion Tang Yuan wasn't perfect, my boy was hungry, I got to finish up fast to prepare his lunch. @o@
When I was a child, Winter Solstice Festival aka Dong Zhi 冬至 had always been a fun festival that I so looking forward. I helped my mom rolled Tang Yuan the night before Dong Zhi so she could cook it early in the morning for prayer. And, we all had Tang Yuan for breakfast the next morning. Love the old times when we (whole family) sit around together, make Tang Yuan and chit chat through the night. It's been a great experience and when I was little, I loved playing with the dough. Now that I am a mother, I still love playing with dough, more advance with food art. ;)
(yield 9-10 tang yuan)
60g Glutinous Rice Flour
40g Hot Boiling Water
1 tbsp Cold Water
1 heap tbsp Cocoa Powder
Peanuts & Black Sesame Filling: Mix well, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 tbsp Toasted Black Sesame Powder
60g Roasted Peanuts (ground)
1 tbsp Honey
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Mix glutinous rice flour and hot boiling water with a pair of chopsticks. Add in cold water and knead with hand to form a dough. Cover with cling wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. Knead in cocoa powder.
(Portion out some dough for white and yellow if you wish to make the bear design.)
3. Divide filling and dough, roll into balls.
4. Wrap and shape as desired.
5. Boil a pot of water, add in glutinous rice balls, cook until they float up. Add in some cold water, bring to boil.
6. Remove and serve warm in syrup. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!