I used to cook sushi rice in a saucepan, pre-soak the rice and it only takes 10 minutes cooking time. I modified the method, added the ingredients that I adapted from here and here goes my quick, easy and delicious chicken rice recipe. Hope you'll like it too. :)
|Chicken Rice cooked in a rice cooker using this recipe. |
Used Jasmine rice instead of Japanese rice, water amount adjusted.
Turned out so fragrant and with some claypot-chicken-rice-style crisp. Superb.
Photo updated 24 March 2017.
Ingredients: 1 serving 一人份
1 Boneless Chicken Thigh 去骨鸡腿 100克，洗净，抹干，切块
(about 100g, washed and pat dry with kitchen towel, cut into chunks)
1/4 tsp Light Soy Sauce 酱油 1/4小匙
Pinch of Salt 盐 少许
Dash of White Pepper 胡椒粉 少许
1/4 tsp Sesame Oil 麻油 1/4小匙
Some oil for cooking 少许油
(I use Medella Organic Coconut Cooking Oil which has neutral flavour and it's a healthier choice)
4 cloves Garlic (minced) 蒜头 4棵，剁碎
3 slices Ginger 姜 3片
1 Lemongrass (the inner white part) 香茅 1 支，去掉外皮
65g Short Grain Rice 日本米 65克 （用日本米的口感比较好）
(washed and soaked for at least 30 minutes, drained.)
100ml Chicken Broth 鸡汤 100毫升
1 Pandan Leaf 班兰叶 1 片
Some Salt (add to taste) 盐少许
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Mix light soy sauce, salt, white pepper, sesame oil and chicken meat in a bowl. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Cook until the garlic are lightly brown.
4. Stir in rice and chicken meat. Stir fry until the chicken are half-cooked.
5. Add chicken broth, pandan leaf and some salt to taste (if needed).
6. Cover the saucepan with a lid, turn the heat to high, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 12 minutes. When the cooking is done, turn off heat and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Serve with vegetables or salad to complete your meal.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Nicole Mak|
|By Kweok Pooi Wen|
|By Pinnie Lim|
|By Elsie Tan|